Remote control program for Sony cameras which support the Sony Remote Camera API.
- Can't launch the QX10/100 via NFC? Quick access the app through the Windows Phone Lense selection system!
- Snap photos the natural way, by pressing your hardware shutter button!
- Touch focus on supported cameras
- Sets the time on DSC-QX10/DSC-QX100 to your phone's time so the program can be used to
initialize the cameras without an Android or iOS device
Supported Sony Cameras
ALWAYS update to the latest firmware before trying.
- DSC-QX10 (Tested) Install v3.0 firmware to allow control stuff like ISO, etc. QX10 is only able to adjust ISO setting.
- HDR-AS100 (Tested)
- A7R, A7
- NEX-6, NEX-5R, NEX-5T
- A5000, A6000
- DSC-HX60, DSC-HX400
- Possibly any Sony Camera that has WiFi capabilities.
On cameras other than the QX series and action camera series, in order to connect to the camera
you need to set the camera to be ready for wireless remote control mode. This is different depending on the camera. But so far I've seen that
it's either one of these 2 methods.
If your camera has an Application List option that shows applications, look for the Smart Remote Embedded option.
If your camera DOESN'T have the Application List option, but DOES have WiFi capabilities, dig around for an option that
says something like Ctrl W Smartphone It should be under the rest of the wireless settings.
- AS100 (Probably all action cameras) - If you move around the actual cameras menu you will
disconnect the WiFi connection.
- Sometimes it takes a LOOOONG time to connect to the camera, in which case you should try restarting the app and also disconnecting
and reconnecting to the camera's WiFi.
- It does seem that only the QX series with firmware 3.0 installed has the capability to set ISO, apearture, etc. etc. Other cameras
seem to allow the remote to act like a shoot button and nothing else.